This is a list of programs and files required to modify H&D2 or Sabre Squadron.
- image editing software like PixBuilder, GIMP, Photoshop (not free), ... - Theses programs help creating or editing textures
- DC||ED2 (included in Edit_Tools.zip) - program for editing .bin files. Can help with the creation of maps, mission
- Hex Editor - To work with game-specific files like e.g. actors.bin. You can use any but recommend is TinyHexer as it's simple and clear
- HD2 Scripter - program for working with scripts, linking scripts, equiping soldiers
- HD2 Extractor - program to export the contents of HD2 game archives (.dta)
- Autodesk 3ds Max (not free) - import/export 4ds models and more, getting ingame coordinates with ease, necessary for creating or editing checkpoints (check2.bin)
- RevEngEd2 by Ikaros & Mikiller - project based editor - Reads actors.bin, scene2.bin, map.4ds (only if one bitmap is load), sounds.bin
This list will be updated.